MR. SYED ASAD ALI SHAH
Syed Asad Ali Shah, a Chartered Accountant, with more than 35 years’ experience in governance, audit & assurance, consulting, tax and advisory services. Currently engaged in his own professional practice in the name of Asad Ali Shah Associates, Chartered Accountants, he remained as Managing Partner of Deloitte Pakistan, a member of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, one of the top four global professional services firms in the world.
Key Public positions held:
- President of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP) during 2008-09, and member of Council of the ICAP for eight years.
- Board Member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), the global accountancy profession organization that represents professional bodies of 122 countries and more than 2.5 million accountants.
- Chairman of 26th Session of Inter Governmental Group of Experts on Accounting and Financial Reporting Standards, UNCTAD, United Nations, Geneva (ISAR) in October 2009. He has represented ICAP and Pakistan in various global forums, including ISAR / UNCTAD United Nations, in the meetings of world standard setters.
- Advisor to Chief Minister Sindh, with status and powers of Provincial Finance Minister for three years in from 1993 to 1996.
- Member Thar Coal & Energy Board, and in this capacity, played a key role in development of Thar Coal Project, the largest public private partnership in Pakistan between the Government of Sindh and Engro Group, also the most important project that will contribute most importantly to the Energy Security of Pakistan. Aggregate investment underway in Thar is likely to be over US $ 2.5 billion.
- Member Policy Board of the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan, apex regulator of Pakistan’s Corporate Sector, and its three sub-committees (Regulations Committee, Oversight Committee and HR&IT Committee).
- Member of Prime Minister’s Task Force on Austerity and Government Restructuring chaired by Dr. Ishrat Husain